Registered Nurse-Residential ID/DD Homes-Part-Time Santa Ynez-Solvang
The Columbus Organization is expanding its team of Registered Nurses in Santa Ynez-Solvang, CA. New part time openings for Registered Nurses for Friday-Saturday (5:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.) and/or Sunday/Monday (1:30 p.m. to 9:30 a.m.) serving medically fragile, developmentally disabled clients in specialized residential homes located in Santa Ynez-Solvang. Beautiful home setting with very low caseload (5).
Join a great staff where you will serve as an appreciated and valued member of a supportive and collaborative team of professionals.
Columbus offers a highly competitive hourly pay rate .
· The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing nursing services, training, and support to address the medical or psychiatric needs of individuals with developmental disabilities, acquired brain injuries, substance abuse issues and/or emotional or behavioral challenges.
· Conducts the medical assessment of each individual referred to the program and collaborates with an Intake staff member to determine appropriate placement in the community
· Participates in the development and implementation of service plans and supervises, in conjunction with the physicians, the medical components of the plan
· Ensures medical records and reports are current and complete in accordance with regulatory and corporate standards, including medication administration records and physician’s orders
· Maintains contact with primary care physicians and specialists
· Administers medications according to established guidelines
· Oversees the management of high-risk medical conditions and private duty nursing services
· Develops training flow charts specific to each individual receiving services, provides and documents medical skills training to clients, mentors, respite providers, staff, and where appropriate, the biological family
· Participates as an Individual Health Plan (IHP) or Plan of Care (POC) team member
· Provides consultation and technical assistance to staff and mentors regarding home care issues along with operation of durable medical equipment.
· May actively participate in IDT meetings, Human Rights Committee, Health and Safety Committee and Administration meetings
· Performs other related duties and activities as required
· Graduate of an accredited RN program
· One year experience working with medically complex individuals or those with developmental disabilities required.
· Current California RN License
· Current and valid drivers license and proof of auto insurance
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel
If interested in this opportunity please submit resume to email@example.com or fax resume to 610-680-3798, attention Deb Juliano, Director of Recruitment
The Columbus Organization
“Because Everyone Deserves A Meaningful Life”tm
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer