Registered Nurse-Inpatient-Youth Unit-Indianapolis-12 Hour Night Shift
The Columbus Organization is expanding its team of Registered Nurses in the Great State of Indiana. Interviews now being scheduled for Registered Nurses to serve a Youth Unit at an inpatient mental health facility in Indianapolis, IN. Full time night shift opportunity: 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.. 6-month engagement with option to extend.
We welcome you to join our cohesive and collegial team of dedicated professionals at this new state-of-the-art inpatient mental health facility in Indianapolis. Plain and simple it is an exceptional place to work!
The position will serve a Youth Unit serving children 5-12 years old. Capacity 12-13 youth per unit.
- Screens patients referring those with major problems to the physician.
- Prepares and gives medication, controls dosage and administers as prescribed by physicians.
- Provides first aid to patients in case of injury, accidents, fights and suicide attempts and notifies the physician.
- Performs complete and routine hospital nursing bed care service and assists the physician in all phases of patient care.
- Gives new residents inoculations and immunization shots and draws blood for testing purposes.
- Evaluates patient responses to actual or potential health conditions.
- Controls violent or disturbed patients or offenders.
- Contacts patients’ families regarding unusual medical conditions of patients.
- Directs attendants and coordinates their activities.
- Develops nursing care plans for individual patients in conjunction with health service personnel including Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Psychologists and Psychiatrists.
- Instructs patients’ families in the care of patients leaving the hospital.
- Provides guidance and instructions to newer nurses.
- Designates work assignments to staff of a nursing care unit.
- Assists in personnel evaluations.
- Inventories pharmaceutical supplies and requisitions for drugs, supplies and equipment needed on wards.
The position offers an excellent hourly pay rate complimented by a fully loaded benefits package which includes: medical, prescription card, vision plan, dental insurance, short/long term disability, 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, full malpractice insurance, $50,000 life insurance, $1000 annual CME allowance, and reimbursement for licensure/certification
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
- Licensed to practice nursing in the State of Indiana as a Registered Nurse.
- Specialized knowledge of, and ability to utilize, a full range of accepted professional nursing principles and practices to in-patient care.
- Pediatric experience required
- Background in psychiatric nursing a plus
- Working knowledge of psychology relative to handling and caring for emotionally disturbed patients and those with abnormal mental and behavioral patterns as provided in Nursing Education.
- Ability to communicate with patients regarding medical and nursing procedures and patients’ conditions.
- Working knowledge of Indiana State Department of Health laws and regulations pertaining to institutional care of patients.
If interested please email resume to email@example.com or by faxing to 1-888-379-2524 attention Deb Juliano, Director of Recruitment.
If you have already found the perfect job but perhaps know of someone who is still looking, we do offer a $250 referral bonus for successful referrals.
The Columbus Organization
“Because Everyone Deserves A Meaningful Life” tm
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer