Registered Nurse-Inpatient-Mental Health-Kerrville, TX-All Shifts
The Columbus Organization is expanding its team of RN’s in the Great State of Texas!
Interviews now being scheduled for Registered Nurses serving an inpatient mental health facility in Kerrville, TX. Minimum of two years of nursing experience working in an acute or long-term care setting required. Shift Availability: 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. 2:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
The Columbus Organization offers a competitive hourly pay rate complimented by a full, comprehensive benefits package which includes:
· Medical Insurance
· Prescription Card
· Vision Plan
· Dental Insurance
· $50,000 Life Insurance
· Short/Long Term Disability
· 401k Retirement Plan
· Professional Liability Insurance
· Flexible Spending Account
· Reimbursement for Licensure/Certification
· Relocation Allowance If Needed
· Performs extensive initial and ongoing assessment of the patient’s nursing care needs to include medical, psychological, and social needs.
· Develops nursing diagnoses or problem lists based on the assessment of the data and formulates the initial plan of care.
· Develops and implements population specific nursing interventions based on accepted nursing standards of care and through review of current evidence.
· Collaborates with other health care professionals by contributing nursing assessment date, diagnoses/problem lists, and interventions to the development of the multidisciplinary treatment plan.
· Evaluates the outcomes of nursing interventions and documents the same in the medical record.
· Provides comprehensive patient/family education regarding illness process, medications, coping skills, etc. to patients and families.
· Establishes, monitors, and maintains the therapeutic milieu through clinical supervision and training of other Registered Nurses, Licensed Vocational Nurses, and Psychiatric Nursing Assistants.
· Administers or supervises administration of medications and other nursing interventions in accordance with facility policy and procedures.
· Develops and implements training for subordinate staff regarding principles of population-specific nursing care, unit routines, facility policy and procedures, management directives, and milieu management, etc.
· Acts as team leader in emergency situations (i.e. medical or psychiatric emergencies) including initiating and monitoring the appropriate use of resuscitative equipment or restraint/seclusion.
· As assigned, acts as charge nurse, nurse supervisor, nurse manager in his/her absence.
· Monitors Treatment, Intervention, Protection Strategies (TIPS) 1 – 6 and, in the absence of other staff, implements TIPS 1 – 3.2
· Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
· Must possess a license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas or a state that recognizes reciprocity through the Nurse Licensure Compact
If interested please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by faxing to 610-680-3798, attention Deb Juliano, Director of Recruitment.
The Columbus Organization
“Because Everyone Deserves A Meaningful Life” tm
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer