Job Code: CA-HRC-Psych
Address: Torrance, CA
Emp Type: Full-Time
Required Education: Doctoral Degree
Years of Experience: Minimum 2 Years
Travel: Not Applicable
Number of Openings: 1
Psychologist-Community Based Setting-Torrance, CA
Great Job-Great Pay-Great People
The Columbus Organization is expanding its team of Psychologists in Torrance, CA. Immediate opening for Psychologist (PhD or PsyD) for community based outpatient setting serving individuals with developmental disabilities including autism.
Join a great staff in an exceptional work environment where you will serve as an appreciated and valued member of a supportive and collaborative team of professionals.
Columbus offers a highly competitive salary & sign-on bonus complimented by a full, comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical insurance, prescription card, vision plan, dental insurance, $50,000 life insurance, liability insurance, 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, short/long term disability, $1000 annual continuing education allowance, reimbursement for licensure/certification and relocation assistance if needed. Monday – Friday work week.
- Conducting comprehensive psychological assessment of cognitive and adaptive functioning and differential diagnosis.
- Conducting assessments/evaluations for autism spectrum disorder
- Providing consultations and training to staff, clients, families and service providers.
- Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary team to address ongoing needs of HRC clients in multiple environments and provides advice and guidance based on psychological assessments.
- Provides individual consultation to clients and their families as appropriate to their needs.
- Advocates on behalf of the client and family to access generic services; functions as the liaison with the Department of Mental Health on client needs.
- Determines needs for training and information on various psychological issues, and develops/implements related training programs for service providers, staff, families, clients and others.
- Uses VirtualCHART to document all significant activities including personal contacts with the clients and families, consultations with other staff and clinicians, phone calls, etc.; ensures accuracy and completeness of information.
- Doctoral Degree in Psychology
- California Licensed
- Experience working for mental health community agencies
- Direct experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
- 3 or more years of recent clinical experience
- Experience with psychological assessment of individuals with developmental disabilities inclusive of autism.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
If interested in this opportunity please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax resume to 888-379-2524 attention Deb Juliano, Director of Recruitment
The Columbus Organization
An Equal Opportunity Employer