Sioux City, IA
Travel Assignment-13 Weeks or 26 Weeks
The Columbus Organization is expanding its team of Pediatric Physical Therapists in Sioux City, IA Immediate opening for a Pediatric Physical Therapist for a full time-short term travel assignment (13 weeks or 26 weeks)
Join a great staff in an exceptional work environment where you will serve as an appreciated and valued member of a supportive and collaborative team of professionals.
Columbus offers a highly competitive compensation package comprised of hourly pay rate and travel stipends.
This position is responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing individual therapy programs for clients with special needs within the therapy area of the Medical Services Department in accordance with the organization’s Mission and Core Values, utilizing Person-Centered Practices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Develop, coordinate and implement individual therapy programs
- Participates in a comprehensive treatment team utilizing a family-centered approach
- Evaluates the patient therapy needs in (but not limited to) the following areas: gross motor, sensorimotor, reflex development, seating/positioning, mobility, perceptual motor, spinal alignment, mobility, joint range of motion (JROM), standardized tests/measurements, bracing/splinting/casting, muscle tone/strength, and other areas as deemed appropriate
- Evaluates and participates in special programs as appropriate (i.e. Lower Extremity casting, aquatic therapy, torticollis program)
- Administers modalities as directed by the physician.
- Monitors conditions and maintenance of patient adaptive equipment/assistive technology, recommending appropriate adjustments and improvements
- Incorporates safety procedures, devices and equipment
- Communicates, consults, and works closely with parents/guardians, other team members, external agencies, and other professionals on therapy programs, goals, progress, adaptive equipment and other recommendations
- Consults with physicians, primary nurses, and other healthcare professionals to meet the medical needs of individual clients
- Prepares and maintains therapy records and agency documentation
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with professional and non-professional staff
- Follows agency infection control policies and procedures
- Prepares and conducts professional in-services, programs, and marketing visits as appropriate
- Provides leadership and support in specific areas of program development as assigned
- Supervises Physical Therapy (PT) student affiliations
- Supervises, trains and evaluates daily work activities of Physical Therapy Assistants as needed and as Iowa licensure laws require, as well as student Physical Therapists
- Provides job shadowing experiences for pre-Physical Therapy students as assigned
- Performs related duties including driving company vehicles to assigned locations, maintaining orderliness of assigned therapy areas, identifying needs for equipment and supplies, identifying repair and calibration of equipment, and completing equipment and supply requisitions
- Assists patients with aquatic therapy, including transferring students into and out of the pool and performing therapy with the individual while in the pool
- Masters of Science or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited PT school
- Current licensure in the state of Iowa required.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Prior Physical Therapy experience with pediatric population preferred.
If interested please submit resume to email@example.com or by faxing to 888-379-2524, attention Deb Juliano, Director of Recruitment.
The Columbus Organization
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer