LVN Opportunity-Inpatient-IDD-Abilene, TX-Evening Shift
The Columbus Organization is expanding its team of LVN’s in Great State of Texas!
Interviews now being scheduled for Licensed Vocational Nurses at a State Supported Living Center in Abilene, TX. At least one year of nursing experience working in long term care setting serving intellectually and developmentally disabled individuals. Shift Availability:
2 p.m. to 10 p.m.
The Columbus Organization offers a competitive hourly pay rate complimented by a full, comprehensive benefits package which includes:
• Medical Insurance
• Prescription Card
• Vision Plan
• Dental Insurance
• $50,000 Life Insurance
• Short/Long Term Disability
• 401k Retirement Plan
• Professional Liability Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account
• Reimbursement for Licensure/Certification
• Performs highly complex vocational nursing work. Provides for the care, treatment, and general welfare of individuals residing at the SSLC who have complex medical, mental health and/or behavioral health issues.
• Performs basic and complex routine and non-routine nursing tasks to promote the health of the individuals within the assigned areas and assigned shift.
• Collects specimens for lab work and performs health screenings. Instructs direct support professionals and other staff on how to provide service and care that support the individual’s medical needs.
• Performs technical nursing procedures according to facility and state regulations.
• Keeps informed of and follows all agency, SSLC, and unit/home policies and procedures.
• Provides direction and assists with on-the-job training to others such as newly hired LVNs and direct care staff.
• Assists Registered Nurses (RNs) with implementation of protocols, procedures and programs to improve overall health and safety of staff and individuals. Works under general supervision of an RN with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
• Graduation from an approved vocational or practical nursing education program accredited by the Texas State Board of Nursing
• Licensed to practice as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State of Texas (or a state that recognizes reciprocity through the Nurse Licensure Compact).
• Must have at least one year of nursing experience working in a long-term care setting serving intellectually and developmentally disabled individuals.
If interested please submit resume to email@example.com or by faxing to 610-680-3798, attention Deb Juliano, Director of Recruitment.
The Columbus Organization
“Because Everyone Deserves A Meaningful Life” tm
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: All fields are required.