Early Start Intake Coordinator I Social Worker-East Los Angeles Exceptional Salary & Sign-On
The Columbus Organization is expanding its team social workers in East Los Angeles, CA. Immediate full time openings for Early Start Intake Coordinator for community based outpatient setting serving infants, toddlers, and pre-schoolers with developmental disabilities.
Join a great staff in an exceptional work environment where you will serve as an appreciated and valued member of a supportive and collaborative team of professionals.
Columbus offers a highly competitive salary & sign-on bonus complimented by a full, comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical insurance, prescription card, vision plan, dental insurance, life insurance, liability insurance, 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, short/long term disability, $1000 annual continuing education allowance, reimbursement for licensure/certification and relocation assistance if needed. Monday – Friday work week.
· Provide psychosocial assessment and related activities pertaining to eligibility determination for applicants registering for services; acts as an advocate for the applicant and performs related work as required.
· May have up to 25 individuals per month at any given time being evaluated for eligibility of early start services.
· Using a family-centered approach and compliant with integrated settings rule, performs the initial psychosocial assessment of individuals suspected of having developmental delay/disabilities;
· Obtains or collects information or data for use by interdisciplinary team in determining each individual’s eligibility for services;
· Analyzes data and identifies barriers to the applicant’s developmental progress; counsels applicants concerning the assessment process and encourages them and their families to fully participate in coordinating and utilizing the resources available;
· Initiates referrals for specialty evaluations; assesses availability and effectiveness of recommended services; monitors to ensure completion of assessment process within timelines;
· Identifies and communicates unavailable/unmet resource needs for necessary action
· Prepares written and verbal reports
· Participates on internal and community committees and task forces as assigned; provides outreach to agencies/professionals regarding the assessment and eligibility determination processes.
· Bachelors Degree in Social Work
· Minimum of one year of direct experience working with at risk and/or infants, toddlers, pre-schoolers with developmental disabilities and their families.
· Familiarity with early child development and infant/family issues required.
· Knowledge of the early intervention system
· Self-motivated and interested in professional development
· Ability to adapt to a changing service system
· Excellent verbal and written skills.
· Computer Proficient.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) or English/Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin) preferred but not required.
If interested please submit resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or by faxing to 610-680-3798 attention Deb Juliano, Director of Recruitment
The Columbus Organization
“Because Everyone Deserves A Meaningful Life” tm
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer