Corpus Christi, TX
Interviews now being scheduled for a new Dietician opportunity in Corpus Christi, TX. Experience in working in an intermediate/long term care setting serving IDD population required.
The Columbus Organization offers a competitive annual salary plus sign-on bonus complimented by a full, comprehensive benefits package which includes:
· Medical Insurance
· Prescription Card
· Vision Plan
· Dental Insurance
· $50,000 Life Insurance
· Short/Long Term Disability
· 401k Retirement Plan
· Professional Liability Insurance
· Flexible Spending Account
· Continuing Education Allowance
· Reimbursement for Licensure/Certification
· Generous Relocation Allowance If Needed
· Provides Medical Nutrition Therapy for ambulatory and medically fragile consumers. Evaluates nutritional status of consumers, and develops, implements, and evaluates nutritional care plans based on consumer needs and expectations, evidenced based professional knowledge/standards, and professional experience.
· Prepares updates and/or reviews for quarterly, annual and other (IPN) reports for consumers. Enters updates in the progress notes.
· Develops individualized complex therapeutic menus, modified in nutrients and/or texture, as needed to meet special medical/physical needs of consumers. Calculates/evaluates specialized enteral feedings.
· Functions as a member of the Inter-Disciplinary Team, the Physical and Nutritional Management Team and other clinically related teams in developing care plans for individuals at moderate to high nutritional risk. Works toward team consensus in supporting consumer goals.
· Counsels and trains consumers, staff, and families on nutritional principles, modified diet plans and food selection to support achievement of the best nutrition care for individuals. Develops education programs and materials.
· Consults with food service department to provide accurate and timely information on menu changes, special diets and food textures. Approves menu changes for compliance with regulations and nutrient standards. Develops and conducts in-service training for staff on nutrition principles, therapeutic diets, and related subjects upon request. May conduct quality assurance meal observations.
· Current registration as a Dietitian (R.D or R.D.N.) with the American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Commission on Dietetic Registration and/or
· Current licensure as a Dietitian (L.D.) with the Texas State Board of Examiners of Dietitians.
· Experience working in an intermediate, long term care facility serving IDD population a plus
If interested please submit resume to email@example.com or by faxing to 610-680-3798, attention Deb Juliano, Director of Recruitment.
The Columbus Organization
“Because Everyone Deserves A Meaningful Life” tm
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: All fields are required.