BCBA-Full Time-San Marcos, CA
Great Job-Great Pay-Great People
The Columbus Organization is expanding its team of Behavior Analysts with a new opportunity in San Marcos, CA. Interviews now being scheduled for a BCBA serving behavioral homes and day programs in Escondido and the Greater San Diego area. Position will be based at the Administrative Office in San Marcos. Experience working with IDD and/or mental health clients required.
Join a great staff in an exceptional work environment where you will serve as an appreciated and valued member of a supportive and collaborative team of professionals.
Columbus offers a highly competitive salary & $2000 sign-on bonus complimented by a full, comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical insurance, prescription card, vision plan, dental insurance, $50,000 life insurance, liability insurance, 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, short/long term disability, $1000 annual continuing education allowance, reimbursement for licensure/certification and relocation assistance if needed.
- Responsible for efficient and appropriate development, facilitation, documentation and update of Behavior Support Plans, according to the person’s Individual Support Plan.
- Observation of the participant in various settings for developing a behavior support plan
- Collaboration with the participant, their family and team towards development of a behavior support plan that includes positive practices and may not include restraint procedures as support strategies
- Development and maintenance of behavior support plans (BSP), which utilize positive strategies to support the participant, based on functional behavioral assessments
- Conducting training related to the implementation of behavior support plans for the participant, family members and staff as well as other topics related to behavior services.
- Implementation of activities and strategies identified in the participant’s behavior support plan
- Collection and evaluation of behavioral data
- Monitoring the implementation of the behavior support plan, and revising as needed
- Collaboration with the participant, their family and team to develop positive interventions to address specific presenting issues
- Provision of Behavior Support in the office, home of the individuals authorized service locations, or local community environments as necessary
- Completion of required paperwork related to BSP including data collection, progress reporting and development and revisions of the BSP.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary setting (with physicians, nurses, direct staff … etc.)
- All other duties as assigned
- Masters Degree and Licensed BCBA professional in State of California required
- 4 years experience providing behavior supports for individuals with IDD and with mental health diagnosis
- Demonstrate ability to support individuals with behavioral challenges required.
- Competency in writing supports plans and effective verbal communication skills required. Capacity to train and mentor others required.
- Ability to perform duties with limited supervision.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong Reading/Comprehensive Skills
- Ability to work as a team
- Strong Organizational, and Analytical skills.
If interested please submit resume to email@example.com or by faxing to 610-680-3798, attention Deb Juliano, Director of Recruitment.
The Columbus Organization
“Because Everyone Deserves A Meaningful Life” tm
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer