Downsizing and Rightsizing Support
Columbus consultants provide instrumental, strategic assistance to states in downsizing, rightsizing, and closure transitions plans for center-based services. Priority areas of technical assistance and support have addressed local and systemic challenges such as following:
- Identification of new revenue streams
- Fiscal and operational systems
- Stakeholder collaboration and decision making
- Maintenance of safety, quality, funding, and workforce morale during transition
- Overcoming/accommodating obstacles to least restrictive, person-centered options for services
Columbus has also provided extensive clinical support to individuals' teams and centers during periods of downsizing and closure. Columbus health consultants have conducted specialized health assessments to identify needed supports in medical, nursing, rehabilitation therapies, behavioral health, and physical/nutritional management. Additional training and technical assistance have been provided to agencies initiating services for individuals moving from center to the community.