ABA Therapy for Children with Autism
The Columbus Organization provides ABA services to children diagnosed with Autism and Autism Spectrum Disorders. Services are available to children aged 18-months and up. ABA, or Applied Behavior Analysis, refers to a variety of treatment techniques based on the scientific principles of behavior analysis. ABA is not a specific treatment, but an approach to treatment that allows the ABA therapist to use any of a variety of techniques that work best for the unique needs of a given child.
In addition to traditional ABA Therapy, our staff is trained in a variety of methods including:
- Early Start Denver Model (ESDM)
- Discrete Trial Training
- Intensive Behavioral Instruction (IBI)
- Picture Exchange Communication Systems (PECS)
- Treatment and Education of Autistic and Related Communication Handicapped Children (TEACCH)
Following a thorough assessment of your child’s needs, a Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA) will work with you to determine which approach is best for your child.
As ABA therapists we will:
- Work directly with your child to develop skills
- Use a hands-on approach that gives your child an opportunity to perform skills and be rewarded
- Constantly assess your child’s skills and progress towards goals
- Focus on changing the child’s behavior by observing and measuring the behavior in real-life environments
- Use data collection to determine if the teaching approach is working or if changes are needed
- Encourage parental involvement as a key component of ABA therapy
- Incorporate parent training so family members/caregivers can teach and support skills.
Our BCBAs and EIA approved tutors are experienced, educated, and trained to help children learn the skills most often lacking in children with autism. Working together with families, our BCBAs and tutors develop scientifically proven, developmentally appropriate behavior plans and interventions. Services are provided in home and/or school settings.
Click here to view a video about ABA services from The Columbus Organization for children and families.
Click here to view a video about ABA professionals at The Columbus Organization.
Click here to download our ABA brochure.
Click here to download our BCBA brochure.