Community Services with Focus on the Individual
Columbus Community Services is a national, CARF-accredited agency that fully provides Case Management Services to over 3,500 individuals with developmental disabilities. Our focus is to enhance the individual's opportunities to experience full community membership through the development and oversight of person-centered support plans and advocating for changes in services or providers based on individual choice.
We monitor services to assure the applicability of the services received based on the personal desires of the individuals we serve, while ensuring that all critical health and safety issues are addressed as needed.
Community Services in Georgia
In Georgia, Columbus provides both Traditional and Intensive Support Coordination to people with developmental disabilities in collaboration with the State of Georgia Department of Human Services, Division of Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities and Addictive Diseases to provide the services listed below.
- Provide support coordination services that are timely, person-centered and culturally appropriate
- Assist people with developmental disabilities and their families’ plans; access appropriate services and supports; and develop natural supports as alternatives to system funded services
- Monitor the safety and quality of supports for people with developmental disabilities
- Protect the rights of people with developmental disabilities
- Develop and sustain working relationships with all stakeholders
- Promote best practices in developmental services through training and role modeling
- Act as an advocate for individuals within the framework of the system
- Enhance opportunities for people with developmental disabilities to experience full community membership
Intensive Support Coordination
- Provides clinical coordination of medical and behavioral activities with the waiver services individuals currently receive
- Works closely and collaboratively with service providers to assist individuals with complex needs by
- Helping them access health care resources and services;
- Coordinating communication with physicians and others; and
- Arranging behavioral services when neededISC agencies function through the use of clinically-led support coordination teams under the supervision of a medical or clinical director
Community Services in Indiana
In Indiana, Columbus is also a designated approved provider of Case Management Service to individuals with developmental disabilities in collaboration with the State of Indiana Division of Disability and Rehabilitation Services (DDRS) to provide the services listed above.
Click here to download our information sheet on Community Services in Indiana.
Community Services in Tennessee
Columbus currently provides the services of Board Certified Behavior Analyst to provide in-home behavior supports to persons with developmental disabilities. Services are funded through the Home and Community Based Medicaid Waiver and TennCare BHOs. Columbus Behavior Analysts serve over 400 people across the state.
Establishment and Management of Waiver Service
Columbus has provided start-up management for Intake and Support Coordination services on a regional basis. In Georgia, Columbus established both services, including development of mission and administrative and operational policies and procedures, hiring and training staff, and overall delivery of support coordination services to thousands of individuals in different regions within the state.
Click here to download our Community Services brochure.